Terms and Conditions
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AND TO CONTACT US IF
YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR APPLYING FOR OR BEING
ADMITTED TO A QUALIFICATION/PROGRAMME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, AND TO
ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR
ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU
NOT MAY APPLY FOR OR BE ADMITTED TO A QUALIFICATION /PROGRAM OR USE OUR
Welcome to Valenture Institute!
This Agreement ("Terms") sets out the terms and conditions that govern your use of Valenture
Institute's products and services (such as website services and qualification content), as well as
your application and enrollment for any qualification, subject or other program ("Qualification")
offered by Valenture Institute. These Terms can also be seen as your comprehensive,
information source and rulebook.
1. Each of the Qualifications we offer are awarded by a recognition / examination / awarding
/ accreditation body, and some wording and phrases used in Qualification delivery may
differ depending on the rules and standards of the respective body.
2. Although all these Terms are important, please pay particular attention to any terms that
are emphasised in "bold" text.
3. By agreeing to these Terms, you consent to the following policies applicable to, and
accessible on our websites (including the website at www.valentureinstitute.com, all our
Online Campuses, and such other URLs that we may indicate from time to time
time to time ("Policies").
4. If participation in a Qualification is being paid for by a third party, then you will be bound
by all provisions in these Terms (including payment provisions).
Accessing Valenture Institute
1. Acceptance: By clicking on the "Agree" button when submitting an application, you
agree to yourself and the applicant being bound by these "Terms", which include, by
reference, the Policies.
2. Accurate information: All information (including personal information) provided to us on
application, admission, on creating an account, or while accessing Valenture Institute
services and Qualifications, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also
responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information (for example,
your name or address). All personal information will be responsibly processed in
3. License: Subject to these Terms, and to the payment of any applicable fees, we grant
you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our
services and products, including all services associated with our Qualifications, and the
Online Campus through which Qualification content is accessed.
4. Suitability of Qualification: Before submitting any application to Valenture Institute, it is
the responsibility of the parent(s) / guardian(s) and applicant to do the necessary
research to satisfy themselves as to the relevance and suitability of the Qualification for
your individual requirements including articulation requirements for university entrance,
through consideration of the information supplied through our Websites, and asking
questions, if necessary. Valenture Institute cannot assure or guarantee admission or
articulation of any student into university or any other further education institution.
5. Commencement of Qualification: You will only receive confirmation of your admission
for a Qualification, and be enrolled onto the Online Campus, once you have made the
required minimum payment for the Qualification (unless otherwise specifically stated in
the information pack relevant to your Qualification). There may also be a delay of access
to the Online Campus until you are formally enrolled in our records, or until the
Qualification commencement date.
6. Minors: If you are under the age of 18 years you must be assisted by, and have the
consent of your parent or legal guardian. By submitting an application you confirm that
you have been assisted by your parent/guardian and they have consented to application
on the Site and payment for the qualification(s).
7. Accessibility statement: Valenture Institute is committed to providing an Online
Campus that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We are actively working to
increase the accessibility and usability of our Website and Online Campus for all our
students, including those with disabilities, as more fully described below:
○ Standards: we strive for WCAG 2.1 Level A/AA and Section 508 conformance.
Regular testing (both by the LMS proprietor and by a third party) is conducted to
identify conformance issues, with processes in place for timely remediation of
accessibility issues that are identified.
○ Reviews: The Online Campus has been evaluated by Instructure and WebAIM
according to WCAG 2.1 standards. Testing is regularly conducted using
automated tools, assistive technology (such as screen readers, keyboard testing,
etc.), and coding best practices. Third party accessibility evaluation occurs
semi-annually with internal audits conducted with each release. Mechanisms are
in place for logging and fixing accessibility defects.
○ Exceptions: While we strive to ensure that our Online Campus conforms to level
A/AA of the WCAG 2.1, there may be limited exceptions where the Online
Campus is not fully up to level AA standard. We are continually seeking out
solutions that will bring all areas of the Website and Online Campus up to the
same level of overall accessibility, while ensuring that the overall student
experience is not unduly compromised.
○ Accessibility requests: If you experience any difficulty in accessing any
aspect of the Website or Online Campus, or would like further insight into
our accessibility accommodations, please don't hesitate to contact your
Student Success Team. Valenture Institute reviews all requests for
disability-related accessibility accommodations, and is resolved to taking
commercially reasonable steps to extend the Online Campus' functionality
to accommodate all our students.
Admission and Qualification requirements
1. Application online: applications must be completed online for admission to
Qualifications through the links available on our website. Applications are reviewed
according to the admission requirements, and submitting an application in no way
guarantees that a potential student will be offered a place to study at Valenture Institute.
2. Admission requirements: all applications are reviewed by the Admissions Team
according to set admissions criteria and under the prescripts of Valenture Institute’s
Admission Policy. Valenture Institute reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny
3. Basic requirements: In order for a student to complete a Qualification, they will need a
current email account and access to a computer, webcam and the internet. The student
should be familiar with using a computer and accessing the internet, as they may need to
be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, view Microsoft PowerPoint
presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word. In addition, you will
need to install Adobe Flash Player to view the video lectures, resources and activities
available in each of the Qualification’s weekly Topics. Both Adobe applications are
available for download:
Adobe Reader: https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
Adobe Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP
4. Browser requirements: We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your internet
browser when accessing the Online Campus. Although this is not a requirement, we have
found that this browser performs best for ease of access to Qualification material. This
browser can be downloaded from the following website:
5. Additional requirements: Certain Qualifications may require additional software and
resources. These additional software and resource requirements will be communicated to
students upon application and/or at the beginning of the Qualification. Please note that
Google, Vimeo and Youtube may be used in our Qualification delivery, and if these
services are blocked in your jurisdiction, you may have difficulty in accessing
Qualification content – we strongly recommend that you check with us before
applying for a Qualification if you have any concerns about this affecting your
experience with the Online Campus.
6. Equipment: where the curriculum calls for practical experiments, specialist equipment
will be provided by Valenture Institute. Such equipment and/or chemicals must only be
used as directed by Valenture Institute staff, and Valenture Institute will not be held liable
for any loss or injury caused by any negligent usage.
7. Identification: At the point of application you are required to submit a copy of you official
identity document, which reflects the name provided upon application, for authentication
and record purposes. Acceptable forms of identification include an identity document
(national ID card), passport or birth certificate. Valenture Institute may make use of a
third-party identity verification service. Non-submission of valid identification in
accordance with standard verification processes may result in your certificate being
withheld upon completing a Qualification successfully. If you undergo a name change
during the presentation of a Qualification, you will be required to communicate this to
your Mentor, who will advise you on the process to be followed. The name provided by
you in the document that you have submitted will be the one that appears on any
certificate that may be issued to you on successful completion of a Qualification.
8. Disclaimer: You are obliged to source and obtain access to the necessary software and
resources required for Qualification completion at your own cost, and we won't be held
liable for any consequences of the use of such software or resources. We do not sponsor
or endorse, nor are we affiliated with, the entities responsible for software and resources
unless expressly stated otherwise – these are simply programs chosen for their global
use patterns and effectiveness for the Qualification outcomes. We may change the
Qualification requirements for a particular Qualification at any time by advising you
through the Online Campus or by email to your chosen email address.
9. Third-party Records: we are obligated to provide student information to our
accreditation partners and to the relevant recognition / examining / awarding /
accreditation body of your Qualification for purposes solely related to the offering of the
1. Relationship with Qualification bodies: All Qualifications are designed and developed
according to the specifications and standards of the relevant recognition / examining /
awarding / accreditation body. The delivery of the Qualification is administered by
Valenture Institute. This includes all members of the Student Success Team, including
the Deans, Tutors, Facilitators, Tutors, Markers, the Mentor.
2. Language: English is the language of instruction and administration for all Valenture
Institute Qualifications. All Qualification work that is required for assessment purposes
must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forum.
3. Online Campus: Each Qualification consists of a number of Semesters and Topics
delivered over a specified period through the Online Campus, accessible using the
"Online Campus" website link provided upon enrollment. All Qualification-related
documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Online
4. Communications: You may receive communication by telephone, email or text message
from Valenture Institute representatives for Qualification administration and related
purposes, including reminders of assignments and payments due by you, or other
information related to your registration or these Terms. You agree and consent to
receipt of such communications (although you may opt-out of any generic marketing
communications that are unrelated to Qualification administration, at any time, through
the supplied opt-out mechanism).
5. Access to Online Campus: Upon your final enrolment for a Qualification, a profile will
be set up for you in the Online Campus (or, if you already have a profile, you will use
your existing profile for the new Qualification). If you are suspended from participation in
a Qualification (for non-payment of fees or any other valid reason), we may suspend
access to your profile on the Online Campus. Please note that there may be some time
delay between admission and enrolment. Access to a Qualification presentation and
Online Campus may be limited to 30 days from the closure date.
6. Live sessions: Qualifications require the attendance of live video-conferencing sessions
facilitated by the Faculty of Valenture Institute.
7. Live session Duly Performed Requirement: each qualification has a minimum
attendance requirement for live sessions that are facilitated. This requirement is made
clear at the start of the semester and is tracked throughout. Duly performed status must
be achieved in order to progress to the next semester. Exemptions may be granted
based on the following grounds:
○ Illness / medical grounds
○ Compassionate grounds
○ External study opportunity
○ Exceptional opportunity
8. Meet-ups: meet-ups are an opportunity for students to engage in a face-to-face
environment. Whilst Valenture Institute provides means to facilitate the arrangement of
meet-ups, these are not compulsory, but do support enrichment to the learning
experience. Valenture Institute strongly recommends that students who wish to attend
meet-ups be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian to provide supervision.
Where a decision is taken by the parent to waive supervision, this is at their sole
discretion and Valenture Institute is indemnified against all liability.
9. Permitted use: Only students who are enrolled for a Qualification may participate in that
Qualification. You may not divulge your username or password to any other person, may
not permit any other person to participate in the Qualification on your behalf, and may not
impersonate any other person in dealing with Valenture Institute or access the Online
Campus using another user's username and password. If you forget your username or
password, we will only take steps that we regard as being secure to ensure that you
regain access to your profile.
10. Prohibited use: You are prohibited from doing the following:
○ Making available copies of the Qualification content on a network server or web
server for use by others.
○ Using, displaying or otherwise making available the Qualification content, or any
other materials, in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or
distributed to any third party via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or
similar file sharing arrangement, or by any other means.
○ Sublicensing, reselling, renting, lending, assigning, ceding, donating or otherwise
transferring or distributing the Qualification content or the rights granted under
○ Reverse engineering, decompiling, or disassembling any software that is
contained within Qualification content or on the Online Campus.
○ Removing any notice of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right from any
place where it is on or embedded in the Qualification content (an example of this
would be to edit the IPTC data).
11. Your responsibility: You agree that you will contact us immediately if you experience
any unauthorised use of your profile details. You accept that you are responsible for the
consequences of your use of your profile in the Online Campus, and for maintaining it
and all information on it. We do take security seriously, but as the user, you accept all
risks of any unauthorised access that could occur regarding your information.
12. Access disputes: If there is a dispute as to who has the right to operate a profile in the
Online Campus, we may deny access to the profile pending the outcome of the dispute to
our satisfaction, and/or transfer the profile to the party claiming a right to it if we are
satisfied that the profile was registered on behalf of that party.
13. Platform capability: The Online Campus may not be fully compatible with mobile
devices, including smartphones and tablets. In order to access and participate effectively
in the Online Campus, you may require access to a desktop computer or a laptop
computer. You will be required to meet the cost of internet access yourself and of any
upgrades required to your computer or mobile device.
14. External websites: Valenture Institute is not responsible for technical support for any
external websites. Qualifications that require you to use external websites do so to
achieve the best learning outcomes. If you have any queries relating to external
websites, you are required to contact the support services of the relevant websites
directly (although you may request assistance from your Student Success Team through
the Online Campus). Valenture Institute will not be liable for any costs, claims or
damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of, or failure to access, any external
15. Videos: some videos are provided in of Qualifications. These videos act as tutorials and
lectures for the concepts covered in the specific Topics, released weekly, and are
compulsory unless otherwise stipulated. You will need Adobe Flash Player installed to
view the video lectures available. If you are using a slower internet connection, then
attempting to view these videos may be difficult.
16. Student Success Team: Your primary contacts during a Qualification presentation will
be your Valenture Institute Student Success Team:
○ You will be allocated a dedicated Student Success Mentor during the
Qualification who will ensure that you have access to Qualification materials, and
are supported and well informed about Qualification happenings. Your Success
Mentor will be available during working hours (8am - 5pm SAST) Monday - Friday
by telephone, email and the discussion forum in the Online Campus.
○ Technical Support Officers are made available to you to handle any
technical-related queries that you may experience on a Qualification presentation.
These Global Success Managers are there to offer general support not related to
your specific Qualification, and will be available during working hours (8am - 5pm
SAST) Monday - Friday by telephone and email.
17. Deans / Tutors / Facilitators : The Deans, Tutors and Facilitators provide guidance on
Qualification content and academic-related queries. Interaction with the Deans and
Tutors is performed only during live sessions and on the discussion forum in the Online
Campus. Deans, Tutors and Facilitators are also contactable directly according to the
instructions provided on the Online Campus. Deans / Tutors and Facilitators are not
available for queries by telephone and will respond to electronic queries and on the
discussion forum on such days of the week and during such times as stipulated on the
18. Student Wellness: Valenture Institute highly values and cares about the mental /
emotional and social wellness of all students. Where a need for additional support is
identified or brought to our attention we may refer you to a service or individual with
whom we hold an agreement with to offer support. You are under no obligation to make
use of this service. Where you make use of the service, Valenture Institute may cover the
expenses up to the limit of one hour of engagement. Valenture Institute will not be liable
for any additional costs, claims or damages.
19. Qualifications: Each of the Qualifications that we offer are examined and delivered
according to the curriculum and specifications of the relevant recognition/ examination /
awarding / accreditation body. Certification upon successful completion of a Qualification
is awarded by the respective recognition / examination / awarding/ accreditation body
once the requirements have been met. Unless otherwise stipulated, Valenture Institute
does not issue certification for any qualifications.
1. General: All Qualifications include continuous assessment and there are examinations
that must be undertaken at a physical venue, unless stipulated otherwise for a specific
2. Weekly Topics: Topics may include assignments that count towards the final
Qualification result. Your assignments will be assessed within an allocated time period.
Any queries relating to your previous assignment that will affect the submission of your
next assignment should be asked on the Online Campus discussion forum.
3. Sustainable Development Goal Labs: the Sustainable Development Goal Labs
(SDGLs) constitute a core component of the academic offering at Valenture Institute.
Enrollment in at least one Sustainable Development Goal Lab per semester is
4. Duly Performed Participation Requirement: each Sustainable Development Goal Lab
has a minimum Duly Performed Participation requirement, as communicated at the start
of the semester. Participation in the Sustainable Development Goal Labs is measured
throughout each semester. You are required to maintain and achieve the minimum Duly
Performed Participation requirement.
5. Failure to meet Duly Performed Participation: where you fail to meet the stipulated
Duly Performed Participation requirement for two consecutive semesters you will be
academically excluded from studying with Valenture Institute for 6 (six) months. Following
the lapse of the exclusion period you may contact Valenture Institute should you wish to
reinstate your enrollment.
6. Exemptions for Sustainable Development Goal Lab Duly Performed Requirement:
Exemptions may be granted based on the following grounds:
○ Illness / medical grounds
○ Compassionate grounds
○ External study opportunity
○ Exceptional opportunity
7. Assignment submission: Assignments are due to be submitted on the date and time as
indicated in the Qualification calendar or as otherwise indicated by your dedicated
Mentor. If you are not able to meet an assignment deadline, you are required to request
an extension in line with the process outlined in the paragraph below.
8. Late submission of continuous assessment assignments: If you wish to apply for an
assignment extension you will be required to make this request to your Mentor. The
number of extension requests during the Qualification is limited to 1 extension per
submission, and may not be applied to more than 50% of the total number of
continuous assessments for the Qualification. Requests will be automatically granted
under the following conditions:
○ The duration of extension requested is no longer than 48 hours;
○ You have not requested an extension for the same assessment already; and
○ You are under the extension limit.
9. All requests that don't meet these conditions will be decided at the discretion of the
Student Success Team.
10. Holidays: Allowances for late submission of assignments may not be made if you are
away on holiday during the teaching period. The Qualification dates are clearly provided
in the information pack or documentation that is available to you before a Qualification
commences, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to submit
assignments on time.
11. Assignment rewrites: Rewrites of assignments are not permitted. Qualifications include
continuous assessment and exams, and because contextual feedback is provided after
each assignment, rewrites provide an unfair advantage.
12. Continuous assessment re-marks: You may request, in writing, a re-mark of an
assignment at any stage of the Qualification. However, no re-marks will be considered
after a summative assessment has been written.. Please note that re-marks may result
in an increase, decrease or no change to your mark. The cost of an assignment
re-mark is available on request. A re-mark must be requested in writing to your Mentor,
and the re-mark fee paid, before the summative assessment for the Qualification.
13. Qualification results: Your examination / final result or Qualification status is subject to
the assessment policies of the relevant recognition / examination / awarding /
accreditation body. Information related to the procedures will be provided to you during
your enrollment. If you have outstanding fees or amounts owing, your qualification result
will be withheld until such time as your fees have been settled in full.
14. Timing of qualification results release: The timing of the results for any summative
assessments is determined by the respective recognition / examination / awarding /
15. Appeals: If you are dissatisfied with your academic standing (a summative result for the
Qualification) you are within your rights to submit an appeal by contacting your Mentor
who will explain the process and timelines to you. The nature of appeals policy and
procedure is dependent upon the relevant recognition / examination / awarding /
16. Academic reports: Consolidated academic progress reports will be issued to students
and parents at the end of each semester where a student is enrolled. Unless stipulated
otherwise, these progress reports will not contribute towards the final result for any
1. General rules: All students are required to adhere to an Honour Code which must be
accepted in the Orientation Course for each Qualification. A breach of the Honour Code
will constitute a breach of this Agreement.
2. General conduct: Valenture Institute seeks to provide quality ,high-touchy people
mediated support. You must not abuse or otherwise interfere with any member of the
Valenture Institute community in any manner which contributes to the creation of an
intimidating, hostile or demeaning environment for staff or students in general and
specifically in relation to the person’s race, gender, beliefs or sexual orientation.
3. Handbooks: Handbooks, rules and other materials may be made available through the
Online Campus, speaking to matters such as academic integrity and conduct, and you
will be obliged to abide by the terms of such additional materials.
4. Bullying: Valenture Institute takes a zero tolerance approach to all forms of bullying,
which is prohibited as per the Honour Code. We endeavour to educate the learning
community on this issue and put measures in place to ensure a safe experience. Inline
with our policy on Safeguarding of Children you must report any case of bullying
immediately and this will be investigated and a decision reached by the Board of
5. Offensive content: The discussion forums on our Online Campus serve as a platform for
academic collaboration and enrich the learning experience through dynamic engagement
and healthy debate.Valenture Institute retains the right to monitor and remove posts
on the discussion forums (or any information otherwise disseminated through the
Website or Online Campus) to ensure that the environment remains constructive
and that the integrity of interaction is maintained. To the extent that any person is
harmed by your comments, Valenture Institute shall not be held responsible for
your behaviour and you hereby release Valenture Institute from and indemnify
Valenture Institute against any such liability. You agree to abide by the provisions
especially in relation to offensive conduct. In addition, you undertake not to use
Valenture Institute services to promote any business or enterprise, unless permitted to do
so by a representative of Valenture Institute, or unless this forms part of a Qualification
6. Plagiarism: Plagiarism can be defined as the intentional or unintentional use of another's
work without providing reasonable and appropriate credit to the author or source of the
work. Valenture Institute provides support and information in the Online Campus on how
to avoid plagiarism and guidelines on adherence to academic conduct, however, you
must take responsibility for your own academic work. Valenture Institute may employ the
use of plagiarism detection software to review academic work submitted for integrity and
to identify cases of plagiarism for review.
7. Consequences of Plagiarism: Plagiarism in assignment submissions is treated
extremely seriously. If you are found guilty of plagiarism you may receive zero for the
relevant assignment submission, and there may be additional sanctions applied that may
have a material impact on the completion of your Qualification.
Pricing, payment and delivery
1. Qualification fees: When you accept an offer to study one or more Qualifications by
paying the requisite placement fee, you agree to pay the applicable Qualification fees
and such other amounts as may be due by you arising from your participation in the
2. Tax Invoices in electronic format: You hereby consent to the receipt of an invoice,
which shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided
upon applying for a Qualification. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment that
will be accepted in payment of such invoice.
3. Bank charges: In the event that bank charges and/or fees are levied on or added to a
payment made by you to us from any country or jurisdiction, you shall be liable for all
such bank charges and additional costs.
4. Payment of VAT and other Taxes: Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in
addition to the Qualification fees will be identified in your invoice or information pack and
such amounts are your sole responsibility unless the contrary is stated.
5. Payment reference: When making a payment to us, you must ensure that your invoice
number (to which the payment relates, as well as your child's full name, is reflected on
your payment. We will not be held liable if we are unable to locate your payment, and as
a result you are suspended from participation in a Qualification.
6. Suspension for non-payment: If you fail to make payment for a Qualification by the due
date for payment (as agreed during the admissions process, and recorded in your
invoice), then we may remove you from the Qualification or suspend your participation in
the Qualification in our sole discretion. If you are suspended from participation, you will
not be permitted to access the Online Campus until such time as the outstanding
payment has been made by you, and you will be given a period of time within which to
rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of
time, then we will be entitled to cancel your enrollment and remove you from the
Qualification and you will not be entitled to any refund. Under no circumstances will
students be permitted to continue with a Qualification following once enrollment
has been terminated and the deadlines have lapsed. Where a student wishes to
continue with a qualification where enrollment has been terminated due to
non-payment, then it is necessary to apply for readmission to the next available
7. Reminders: You hereby acknowledge and consent to us contacting you in relation to
payments due by you for a Qualification or in terms of these Terms, by way of email, text
message, telephone calls, or other means as determined by us. Where a student is
under the age of 18, All communication relating to payment will be directed to a student’s
parent(s) / guardian(s).
8. Dispute: If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any Qualification fee,
or the way in which the Online Campus or the Website have been used, we may at our
sole discretion suspend your participation in the Qualification for the period of the
Cancellations and Leave of Absence
1. Outstanding fees: If fees have not been settled in accordance with the agreed payment
terms, you will not be registered to write any exams for the respective Qualification(s). In
this instance you will not be entitled to any letters confirming attendance or completion of
Qualification components. No certificate will be issued until all fees have been paid in full
and the academic requirements have been met for the Qualification(s).
2. Cancellation of enrollment: If you wish to cancel your Qualification enrollment, the
student’s parent(s) / guardian(s) will need to meet the Mentor to discuss the intention.
The Mentor will consult with the parent(s) / guardian(s) to discuss the matter and to assist
in reaching an informed decision. In the event that the decision is reached to proceed
with the cancellation, the parent(s) / guardian(s) will be required to complete and submit
a cancellation of enrollment form, which will be provided by the Mentor.
Fee implications of cancellation of enrollment:
Where fees have been paid in full and upfront for the academic year:
○ Cancellation of enrollment completed within the first month of study: 75% refund
○ Cancellation of enrollment completed after the first month of study, but before the
start of second semester: 50%
○ Post commencement of second semester: 25% refund
Where fees are paid through monthly installments
○ In the event that a cancellation is requested during a semester, the fee payer will
be liable for the balance of fees due for the enrolled semester.
3. Leave of absence: A leave of absence would be applicable in a situation where the
student needs to put their studies on pause due to personal circumstances.
4. Requesting a Leave of Absence: where a leave of absence is required, the parent(s) /
guardian(s) of the student are required to contact the Mentor and will be advised on the
steps to be followed, which will include the submission of a form and supporting
documents pertaining to the reason for the request.
5. Reasons for a Leave of Absence: Reasons that are grounds for the possible approval
of a leave of absence include:
● Illness / medical grounds
● Compassionate grounds
● External study opportunity
● Exceptional opportunity
6. Granting a Leave of Absence: Valenture Institute may grant a leave of absence to a
student for a specified period of no longer than one semester. Should the circumstances
require a longer period of time, then this would need to be treated as a cancellation of
enrollment and this process undertaken.
7. Continuous assessment records during a Leave of Absence: where leave of
absence is granted, all continuous assessment records for the period for which marks
have not yet been entered, will remain incomplete.
8. Accessibility during Leave of Absence: During a leave of absence a student’s record
remains active and they will be able to access the Online Campus and liaise with their
Mentor. A student with a leave of absence will retain access to the academic materials
and progress on the Online Campus up to the date of when the leave of absence was
processed. During a leave of absence a student will not have access to academic
materials released on the Online Campus that are made available to students following
the date of their leave of absence being processed.
9. Returning from a Leave of Absence: A student has the right to return at the end of the
period without reapplying, but notification must be provided to Valenture Institute of their
10. Proof of fitness to return to studies: A students who is granted leave of absence on
medical grounds will be required to show that they are fit for study before resuming their
11. Not returning from a Leave of Absence: Where a student does not return from a Leave
of Absence according to the approved period, Valenture Institute will make contact with
their parent(s) / guardian(s) to establish the reason. If the student is not able to return to
their studies in accordance with the approved period then Valenture Institute will advise
that a cancellation of enrollment would need to be undertaken, and the terms relating to a
cancellation of enrollment will apply.
12. Time parameters for a Leave of Absence: A leave of absence may be applied for at
any time during the academic year. A leave of absence will not be granted
retrospectively, nor after the qualification has been completed.
13. Insufficient demand: We reserve the right to cancel the offering of a Qualification if
there is insufficient demand, as determined by us in our sole and absolute
discretion. In this case, you will receive a full refund, but no interest will accrue on
any amounts refunded to you and any applicable bank charges will be offset
against the refunded amount.
1. Examinations: examinations are classified as a summative form of assessment for a
subject and Qualification. Unless stipulated otherwise, each subject and Qualification
requires students to undertake a prescribed number of examinations.
2. Examination fees: Unless stipulated otherwise, there are no additional exam fees as
these are included in the tuition fees paid to Valenture Institute.
3. Examination body: Valenture Institute does not set examinations for subjects and
Qualifications. All examinations are set by the recognition / examination / awarding or
accreditation body for the subjects and qualifications you are enrolled for.
4. Writing examinations: All examinations are written at physical venues that accept
Valenture Institute students. Examinations are written under proctored conditions.
Valenture Institute will provide a list of available venues for examinations to be written.
Parents and students are entirely responsible for the arrival of a student at the allocated
examination venue according to the date(s) and time(s) stipulated on the examination
5. Marking of exams: Valenture Institute does not mark examinations for subjects and
Qualifications. Unless stipulated otherwise, all examinations are marked by the
recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body for the subjects and
qualifications you are enrolled for.
6. Examination timetables: Exam timetables are devised, set and disseminated by the
recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body for the subjects and
qualifications you are enrolled for. These timetables are released according to deadlines
of the respective body. Valenture Institute holds no responsibility or influence over the
7. Readiness to write examinations: Valenture Institute provides appropriate teaching
and learning, supported by robust pedagogy, to support academic progression for
students in the lead up to them writing examinations. Teaching and learning measures
and support from Mentors will be provided to students to help identify readiness to write
examinations. The final decision to write an examination is the responsibility of the
student and their parent(s) / guardian(s). Valenture Institute will not be held responsible
in the event of a student failing any examination.
8. Selecting when to write examinations: Set exam periods or series within each year are
determined by the recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body for the
subjects and qualifications you are enrolled for. Students and their parent(s) / guardian(s)
are notified of the availability of the timetables and are solely responsible for determining
which series and specific dates examinations will be written.
9. Notification of intention to write examinations: you will be required to provide
confirmation of your intention to write any examination within a series. You will be
provided with instructions on the process to follow and the associated deadlines.
Valenture Institute will not be held responsible in the event that you miss the
communicated deadline and miss any examination as a result.
10. Examination rules: rules regarding all facets of examinations are set by the by the
recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body for the subjects and
qualifications. These rules will be provided to students and must be adhered to. Any
failure of adherence to the examination rules will be dealt with in accordance with the
prescripts set out by the recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body.
Valenture Institute may be required to institute further sanctions at the direction of the
11. Exam attendance: it is your sole responsibility to ensure attendance at an exam that has
been registered for. Valenture Institute bears no responsibility should you fail to attend an
examination and the implications thereof.
12. Special arrangements: the classification of special arrangements and the associated
protocols are determined by the recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation
body. Where special arrangements are required the rules and protocols of the recognition
/ examination / awarding or accreditation body must be followed.
13. Examination re-writes: the rules and protocols relating to the rewriting of examinations
are determined by the recognition / examination / awarding or accreditation body and
must be adhered to.
1. Certification / Statement of Results: Any certificates or statement of results will be
issued by the relevant recognition / examination / awarding / accreditation body of the
Qualification in accordance with their rules, unless stipulated otherwise, and only where
the awarding requirements have been met. No certificate or statement of results will be
issued to you if you do not meet the stipulated requirements for the award of a certificate
/ statement of results. If you are found guilty of academic dishonesty or breaching the
code the conduct (even for the first offence), the recognition / examination / awarding /
accreditation body may decide not to issue a certificate / statement of results to you.
2. Wording and format of the certificate / statement of results: the wording, format and
branding of the certificate is determined by the relevant recognition / examination /
awarding / accreditation body. No changes can be made to the standard format or
wording of a certificate or statement of result(s) for any reason.
3. Name appearing on the certificate / statement of results: your legal name provided
to us during the application process will appear on the certificate / statement of results.
4. Certificate / Statement of Results Delivery: Valenture Institute will courier your
certificate / statement of results to your street address provided to us during the
registration process or such other address you have nominated. Valenture Institute
cannot be held liable should you provide an incorrect address or if no address is given,
and cannot guarantee the delivery date and time.
5. Nominating Third Party Address: Should you choose to nominate a third party to
receive or collect your certificate on your behalf, this will be done at your own risk, and
Valenture Institute won't be held liable for any loss or theft arising from this nomination.
6. Certificate Return and Reroute: If a certificate is returned to our centre, you will be
contacted and informed of the return. Certificates returned due to being unclaimed by the
designated recipient will be re-sent by courier at your written request. Where a certificate
has been returned due to failed delivery attempt, you will be liable for the cost of
re-sending the certificate. Should an incorrect or outdated address be provided and a
delivery reroute is necessary, you will be held liable for the cost for said reroute.
7. Duplicates and reprints: the rules and procedures regarding duplicates and reprints of
certificates are determined by the respective awarding body, including any associated
fees for such services. Valenture Institute cannot in any way waiver or amend any of the
rules or procedures.
8. Digital Certificates: No digital copies of certificates / statement of results are issued for
Qualifications. Digital certificates will only be issued for the successful completion of the
Sustainable Development Goal Labs.
9. Certificate / Statement of Results Errors: If you receive your certificate / statement of
results with a printing error you are required to notify us and we will advise on the
process to be followed based upon on the stipulations by the relevant recognition /
examination / awarding / accreditation body . We cannot be held liable for errors resulting
from incorrect personal student information provided to us. Any re-issuing of a certificate /
statement of results will be subject to the terms of the relevant recognition / examination /
awarding / accreditation body, including any fees that must be paid.
10. Withheld certificate / statement of results: If you are eligible for the award of a
certificate / statement of results, your certificate / statement of results may be withheld by
the following circumstances:
○ If you are under investigation for academic dishonesty or misconduct and such
matter has not been resolved in time, and the award of a certificate / statement of
results may be suspended until the matter has been disposed of.
○ If Valenture Institute has been instructed by the recognition / examination /
awarding / accreditation body to withhold the certificate / statement of results.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
1. No liability for Qualification outcomes: We will not, under any circumstances, be
liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result
of applying, being enrolled for and/or participating in any Qualification or other
service offered by us which is not relevant, suitable or does not meet yours and/or
any relevant academic institution, industry or commercial body's requirements.
Under no circumstances do we guarantee your suitability for a particular
Qualification based on the levels of difficulty. We cannot, under any
circumstances, be held liable to you for any costs, claims or damages, if after the
completion of a Qualification you are not able to obtain admittance into another
educational institution your chosen field of study, or any other outcome you may
believe completing a Qualification will assist you to attain.
2. Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that we
will not be liable for any cost, claims, damages (including, without limitation,
indirect, extrinsic, special, penal, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss (such
as loss of profits, business, goodwill, revenue or anticipated savings) or other
damages of any kind, penalties, actions, judgments, suits, expenses,
disbursements, fines or other amounts that you or any third party might suffer that
relates to or arises from these Terms, your participation in a Qualification, or
termination of a Qualification for any reason, whether or not anyone anticipated or
should have anticipated that damages would occur. In no event shall Valenture
Institute's aggregate liability to you for any and all claims exceed the total amount
of fees received from you in the six months preceding any cause of action.
3. Acknowledgment: You acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers and limitations
of liability set forth in these Terms reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk
between you and Valenture Institute, and that these limitations are an essential
basis to our ability to make services available to you on an economically feasible
4. Time constraint: You agree that, to the extent permissible by applicable law, any
cause of action related to these Terms or Valenture Institute's services or
Qualifications must commence within 1 year after the cause of action comes into
being. If not, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
5. Indemnity: Subject to any applicable laws, you agree to indemnify and hold us
harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against us that
relates to or arises from these Terms arising from your application for, or
enrollment in, a Qualification. This indemnity includes claims arising from your use
of the Online Campus in a way that does not comply with these Terms, or if we
transfer your profile to another person, or if another person accesses your profile
without your consent. This indemnity also includes all liability or loss that we
might suffer as a result of a claim, including legal costs on the highest permissible
scale and any additional legal and collection costs.
Interruption of Valenture Institute Website or Online Campus
1. Interruption of service: You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the
Valenture Institute Website and/or Online Campus may be inaccessible or inoperable, by
reason of one or more of the following:
○ Equipment malfunctions or faults.
○ Periodic maintenance procedures, downtime, or repairs that we may undertake
from time to time.
○ Causes beyond our control, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of
telecommunication or digital transmission links, attacks on the network and
network congestion or other failures.
2. No breach: Such interruption to the accessibility of the Valenture Institute Website or
Online Campus will not be deemed a breach of this Agreement under any circumstances
whatsoever and we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any costs,
claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of any interruption,
inoperability or inaccessibility of the Valenture Institute Website and/or Online Campus.
3. Security: We will use reasonable commercial measures to secure our system and your
profile in the Online Campus, and related information, however, we cannot guarantee
that unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. You
undertake to notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorised use of your
1. Reservation of rights: Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the
HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and/or object code and all other
works (including trading marks and names) contained on the Website or Online Campus
or otherwise provided to students by Valenture Institute, is owned by us or licensed to us,
and we assert and reserve all of our rights in this regard. Access to or use of our services
and Qualifications will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual
property owned by us or any other party.
2. Student content: The services and Qualifications may enable you to share your own
content, including assignments, with Valenture Institute, Deans, Tutors, Facilitators, the
Student Success Team, and fellow students. You retain all intellectual property rights in,
and are responsible for the content that you share, however you specifically agree and
consent that we and the relevant recognition / examination / awarding / accreditation
body applicable to your Qualification shall be entitled to use (in our discretion) all content
shared by you on our Online Campus for internal research and development, quality
assurance, Qualification improvement and non-commercial purposes. In relation to
specific Qualifications, a policy statement on intellectual property sharing may be
included in the Online Campus for further guidance to you in the sharing of your ideas
and assignments. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure the proper protection of
your student intellectual property – if your student intellectual property will be best
protected by way of trade secret, or you have not filed for protection of your protectable
intellectual property, then non-disclosure may be an essential protection. We cannot, and
do not, guarantee that any intellectual property shared on the Online Campus or
otherwise through the Website will not be used by other students.
Warranties and disclaimers
1. Disclaimers: To the extent permissible under applicable laws, all services,
Qualifications and their content are provided "as is” without representations or
warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect thereof, and in
particular, we make no representations or warranties regarding the quality of the
Qualification content or the fitness of the Qualification content for the purpose for
which you acquired it.
2. Warranties: You warrant that all and any information that you provide to us, in
accordance with this Agreement, in order to apply for a Qualification or otherwise, is true
Termination of participation in a Qualification
1. Modifying and terminating services: We are constantly changing and improving our
services and Qualifications. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements,
and we may suspend or stop our service altogether, giving enrolled students reasonable
prior notice of any material changes. You may also discontinue your use of our services
and Qualifications at any time.
2. Breach: If you commit any other breach of these Terms (including but not limited to the
"General Rules") and fail to remedy the breach within 5 days after receiving a written
notice to do so, we may terminate your participation in the Qualification for which you are
enrolled, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the Qualification fee.
We shall furthermore be entitled to immediately suspend your access to the Online
Campus in the event of a material breach of these Terms, as determined in our sole
discretion, pending an investigation into the relevant conduct.
Complaints and dispute resolution
1. General complaints policy: Whether it is positive or negative, Valenture Institute
encourages feedback from students and parents. Where this feedback is a complaint
about a Qualification, product or service offering, or our conduct, we are committed to
addressing the complaint in a timely and appropriate manner. All complaints are taken
seriously, and every effort has been made to ensure that Valenture Institute can cater for
complaints received on all levels, regardless of severity. Valenture Institute will seek to
address a complaint in a mutually beneficial and satisfactory manner, whenever
2. Lodging a complaint: Should you wish to lodge a complaint, you are required to submit
this to the Registrar by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will
strive to ensure that anyone giving feedback is treated with the utmost courtesy and
respect, and in return, we expect that anyone giving feedback or making a complaint will
do so in a fair and appropriate manner. Where we determine that a complaint is abusive,
unreasonable, or an individual is unreasonably pursuing a complaint that has previously
been investigated, we reserve our rights in relation to our response, and in particular,
may elect not to pursue the procedure set out below.
3. Review and investigation: Once a complaint has been lodged, we will investigate and
attempt to address the matter in question. At this stage, you may be required to provide
supporting documentation or other evidence that may be relevant. We will endeavour to
address complaints within 3 working days (although this may not always be possible). In
all cases, we will maintain open channels of communication and provide feedback or
updates on the progress of the investigation. If a complaint cannot be addressed at its
first stage, either party may request that the matter be looked into further. Escalations of
this nature may be referred to the recognition / examination / awarding / accreditation
body for the relevant Qualification who may investigate the matter further, and may
recommend an outcome or course of action.
4. Feedback: Once a complaint has been fully investigated and due process followed, a
course of action will be determined by Valenture Institute. The result will either be that the
complaint is upheld (in part or in full), and an appropriate form of action is taken, or, that
no action is taken, in which case comprehensive feedback and reasons will be provided.
This includes, but is not limited to, instances where you have not requested an outcome
other than having a platform to voice your concerns.
5. Disputes: If a mutually-satisfactory outcome, course of action, or conclusion cannot be
reached following from the complaints procedure, or any other kind of dispute arises
between Valenture Institute and you, then you agree that it will be resolved individually,
without resort to any form of class action, and, to the extent compliant with applicable
law, exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in the United Kingdom. As a
consumer you may benefit from the right to bring an action in the courts of the country in
which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights to bring
a claim in the courts of the country in which you are resident. To the extent permitted by
applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity,
interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, your rights and obligations, or the rights
and obligations of Valenture Institute, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance
with, the laws of the United Kingdom. As a consumer, you may benefit from certain
mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these
terms and conditions, including this 'Disputes' clause, affects your rights as a consumer
to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
6. Nothing in this section will restrict our right to apply to a competent court for relief
should our intellectual property rights be violated or threatened, or where
otherwise appropriate to obtain urgent, injunctive or equitable relief.
1. Valenture Institute's details: For students taking Qualifications these Terms are a
contract between you and Valenture Institute a company registered in the United
Kingdom with its address at 100 Brompton Road, London, SW3 ER.
2. Entire agreement: These Terms, together with the Honour Code and Policies, shall
constitute the entire agreement between you and Valenture Institute concerning your
application, admission and enrollment for one or more Qualifications.
3. Regulations: You are responsible, in your personal capacity, for adherence to all local
statutory regulations and tax filing as relating to your application, admission and
enrollment for one or more Qualifications.
4. Revision of Terms: We reserve the right to revise these Terms (including Policies) at
our sole discretion from time to time. These revisions will become effective immediately
once being posted to the Website and Online Campus, however, for all material changes
to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes if you are
enrolled for a Qualification at the time when such changes come into effect.
5. Conflict: If any aspect of these Terms conflicts with any information provided on our
Website or in information packs or other Qualification materials, these Terms will prevail
unless expressly stated otherwise.
6. Severability: In the event that any part of these Terms is found to be partially or fully
unenforceable because it does not comply with any law, or for any other reason, this will
not affect the application or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
7. Assignment: These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted in terms of these
Terms, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Valenture
Institute without restriction.
8. No indulgence/waiver: If Valenture Institute chooses not to enforce any part of these
Terms, this does not mean that it cannot do so at a later time. No waiver of any term of
these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other
Date of last amendment: 12 September 2019